Monday 23 September 2013

The great crate saga

Today was the day that we started testing out Ruby in her crate during the day. It started out of necessity as there was a gap of around 90 minutes from me leaving for work and Rhianna arriving back home. I put Ruby into her crate at 8.00am and by the time I left the house at 8.10am she was perfectly settled. 

Rhianna arrived home at around 10am and found Ruby awake but not fussing. So she seems to have made a good start. Later in the day, when Ruby got tired, Rhianna put her back in the crate and closed the door before going off and doing stuff. Ruby didn't make a fuss at all. Again, this evening, she went to sleep in her crate and I closed the door. No problem. 

Since getting home from work, I haven't tried any training with Ruby as she goes from excited to tired and back again. She seems to be quite warm as the weather is quite muggy for the time of year. She is drinking plenty of water so there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I would be failing in my duty if I didn't report on the poop situation. So to illustrate my point (literally), I decided to take a snap of Ruby doing the business.......hey, it's nature. 

Oi! Give a lady some privacy
She has almost come to the end of the course of medication and it appears to have done the trick. I hope that's the last of the tummy upsets but we'll keep an eye on her to see how she settles once the medicine is out of her system.

Of course, it's not all bodily functions. We did have a play in the garden as well. 

She likes the green stuff
So a good day for all concerned. Ruby got to play in the garden and got lots of attention. The crating is going well, and her poop remains solid. I hope this is not just a honeymoon period.


No comments:

Post a Comment