Friday 4 October 2013

Fetch

We are guilty of taking our eye off the ball a few times today. No damage done apart from a couple of poops on the conservatory floor. Ruby did her bit but we weren't always responsive enough to the signs. I'm sure she'll have us trained before long.

I attempted some training with her this evening but decided not to use treats given that her stomach has been problematic. Nevertheless, she did well. She is getting really good at fetch and will run, pick up the object, bring it back and drop it at my feet. There is a bit of a pattern forming though; she does it 2 or 3 times and then decides to run back with the object but not give it to me. I think she gets to the point where she thinks 'enough is enough'. 

I attempted to progress Ruby with 'stay', and had a measure of success but she then started to get a bit giddy and I decided to call it a day. It's definitely the trickiest command so far. I think I'll wait until puppy training classes to get serious with that one. I need to remember that she is still less than 11 weeks old and we've only had her for 3 weeks.

I'm pretty tired tonight and I'm picking up the new car tomorrow, so I think I will leave it at that for this entry. I didn't get chance to get a picture of Ruby tonight so I've just put up one from my little archive...

Wet dog

No comments:

Post a Comment